TODAY IN MUSICAL AUTISM:
I have made two (2) mix cds for Justin, my handsome boyfriend. This weekend we listened to both of them while driving around in Northern New York, and I realized that my roladex of music is shockingly small. In fact, I only listen to about 17 bands. In total. They are:
2) The Scissor Sisters
3) Gnarls Barkely
4) Neil Young- Harvest only
5) Nick Cave- 10 songs only
6) The Chef Aid South Park Album
7) Lovage, a rando album Mike Patton put out
8) The Simpsons Album
9) Weird Al Yankovic
10) Los Doggies- a band from New Palz no one knows
11) The Kinks
12) 3 songs by Patti Smith
13) 4 songs by The Talking Heads
14) Musical BBQ- the Space Ghost Album
15) 20 various other songs by various artist from the early 80's New York Scene.
16) Spike Jones
17) Frank Zappa
And that is all.
Any other music on my ipod is a mistake. This realization is both shocking and also pathetic. But I am pretending it makes me some kind of a savant. And I am good with that.