Thursday, May 07, 2009

TODAY IN OH GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!


This can't be true. I am POSITIVE that some doctor tricked him or that it's a false positive or something in the realm of poppy seeds making it look like you are on smack. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!

UPDATE: Here is a quote from Manny I pinched from TMZ:

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me.

Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy, that mistake is now my responsibility. I've been advised not to say anything more for now.

I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past 5 seasons.

I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. L.A. is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."

I believe him. Why does MLB make it so fucking hard to enjoy baseball??

3 comments:

tomemos said...

You are not serious. It's MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL that is hurting the sport? With, what, its excessively draconian steroid testing policy? Really.

By the way, if we believe every player who says that, no, they used something perfectly legal that produced a false positive, then Jose Canseco and Ken Caminiti are the only players who have ever used steroids.

Why in the world are people amazed that Manny Ramirez would use steroids? He's great fun, but he's also one of the most self-obsessed players in the game today, and he has no shame or dignity. Of course he would break the rules to get an edge.

Phaea C. said...

My response to you Tom: pbbbbbbbbbbbbbt

Lucas said...

At this point we have to assume that everyone in baseball cheats/cheated, just not everyone gets away with it.

It is MLB that has hurt its own sport by not banning most PED's until recently. That is the root of this issue. Who wouldn't cheat if it was allowed? Insane. Bud Selig should've been outted years ago.

This is embarrassing for Manny, not only does he miss 50 games(7.7 million dollars!), and they dismantled 'Mannywood', but now everyone knows he either has: a) a penile bloodflow problem or b) a 'bitch-tits' problem.

Even if he wasn't using it to recover from steroids, dealing with 'bitch tits' as a man must be one of the worst things ever.

bro or manziere?