Friday, November 16, 2007

TODAY IN ME AND THE DUDE AT THE FRONT DESK OF MY OFFICE BUILDING:

I guess he's "security". I walk into the lobby every morning and I never ever say hello. I avoid this by never ever looking at him in the face. I noticed that every other person does both (look and greet), which means that I am a snob. So I started trying to look at him to say hi, and he refused to look at me. For five days now. That means that he had noticed that I am an asshole and there is no way to change his mind, right?

I think I will just try to be more of an asshole to justify his assumption. Good plan!!

3 comments:

Megan B said...

Yo P, I am that person in my office. At first I thought the silent Indian front desk guy was kinda surly so I didn't want to start up the whole "let's be smile-and-nod office friends" thing. But now I realize EVERYBODY else in the building is a smile and nodder! He probably gets invited to their kids' Ba_ Mitzvahs. They all have pictures of him on their fridges. And I'm a big stupid jerk. Like you.

Shatraw said...

see, i went the third route, wherein i used to have loud, angry disagreements with the guy in my old NYC office building lobby. he was known -- quite accurately -- as the "elevator nazi."

to this day, i hate that short little man.

Phaea C. said...

I hate both of those people!! God!!!